Sunday, September 7, 2014

They say, wisdom comes with age... can that be purchased?

Two paintings i intend on finishing this week.  This is where i was painting after i modeled at CAI. Now closing.


So, i'm in a book. This book is featured in a magazine.  This magazine has e-mailed me twice about purchasing a space in their article about the book so that they could advertise me as an artist.

I said no.  To me if I were selected to be in a magazine (article) it would be because of the quality of my work and not because i purchased my way into it.  I know they do it to survive. Just be aware that alot of the art you see advertised in magazines is not there because it's great, it's there because someone has money. (this can be obvious). 


I find myself now searching new jobs.
Things are hard as usual. In my reflection i need a new direction (this rhymed... if i mumbled it it could be a song). Yes i'm still pursuing fine art, on the educational and professional realm, but i'm not making ends meet.  I need to change something in the way i'm doing things dramatically.  I need a mentor.  Is that the answer?  I was considering delving back to doing digital work again.

quick study from life i did last sunday (couple finishing touches monday morn... still life was still up).

plein air studies from tuesday.

rest of the week i've drawn, and worked on the two larger paintings.