Monday, December 22, 2014

Happy Holidays!




Thank you to everyone who has made this year awesome. Thanks to everyone who has inspired.  Thanks to everyone who has opened and closed doors.  I hope that i can make life a little better for those around me as they do the same for me. Thanks XOXOXOXOXO y'all as we walk into a new year filled with great adventures, beauty, possibilities and happiness. Best wishes. Cheers.

So, post a one month roadtrip i have arrived in Rochester NY.  My new home for a couple months.  It is cold here but... happy to say, i'm still alive, kicking and inspired. The roadtrip was ofcourse, incredible.
I'm looking forward to putting ideas to paint and putting together a sketchbook documenting my travels to the publishers. Some pages;




In other news; 
A painting of mine has been accepted in the CAC 104 Gold Medal Show. This will be my third consecutive year participating in this incredible event. I am flattered, and it gives me another deadline to get back to L.A.




 My painting 'Doorway in Urbino'. 

I currently won't be going into all my goings and doings while i was traveling;  but feel free to check on some updates on my instagram and facebook, i also have some other plans which i'll elaborate upon when they've started unfolding.  Anyhow,  most recently I've gone from L.A. to Tucsan AZ, through the Grand Canyon AZ, Monument Valley AZ, Arches National Park UT, Colorado Springs, Boulder, and Denver CO,  North Platte NE, Omaha NE, Chicago IL, Sagamore Hills OH, Cleveland OH, Brooklyn and New York, NY, and ofcourse, Rochester, NY.  There are many small towns here i didn't get a chance to chat up but they were awesome too. I 'll have to find a better way to mass media update while I travel since it seems to be one of those habits i have no intention kicking. Time will tell.

I have visited many museums, galleries, danced tango, took a pole dancing class, somehow lost my tango shoes (although i'm sure i put them in that bag with my other shoes, maybe they are in a secret super safe place in my car...), got a commission, drew at Palette and Chisel Academy and Art Students League in NY,  drank scotch at Signature room at the top of the Hancock building in Chicago, got a really weird and ill advertised face massage, took a shower in a park with two jugs of water on a very cold day, camped in my car, got gum stuck to my butt, played poker, drank too much, went running, went hiking, saw snow, drove through a snowstorm (or two), stayed at a super ghetto hotel where the heat just screeched and the outlets didn't work,  ate awesome popcorn, cooked, explored abandoned homes and left before i got caught,  really wanted to paint in some places that i would be trespassing in yet and DIDN'T because i always have really bad luck with that s*** and saw some of the most beautiful landscapes, beautiful sunrises, beautiful sunsets, beautiful cloudy and sunny days,  and coolest black cows ever, and ofcourse met up with old friends (so you had how many kids? Oh just one... just trying my best to keep track man, those things are running around everywhere) and made many new ones.

For further updates, sketches, art, etc...
kathiuciadias on Instagram
  

The museums i stopped by were; The Denver Art Museum, Art Institute of Chicago (museum), Butler Institute of Fine Art (Youngstown, OH), Cleveland Art Museum, Joslyn Art Museum (Omaha).  
The following images are by no means the best of the best but they'll give you a taste of the incredible amount of goodies that are in these locations.


Dixon in Denver.
http://denverartmuseum.org/

Rembradt in Omaha.
https://www.joslyn.org/

Oh my F***ing G**, Mancini in Chicago.  I'm so pissed, the museum closed before i was done!!  Do over for sure.
http://www.artic.edu/


Sargent in Cleveland. Excuse the awful photo... couldn't get around that.
http://www.clevelandart.org/

Andrew Wyeth in Youngstown.
http://www.butlerart.com/

I will actually mention that i'm making new business cards again, but this time i'll leave out my phone number because some creepy people keep calling either wanting a date or just being weird.  I can live without that.
In January i'll be taking another trip to two states, north of NY, and in February/March i'll be driving back to CA.  More discoveries to come!