Monday, October 13, 2014

The Storm

yup. late by a day again.  I know it's tempting to say i've been out slaying evil demons and now, after battle and good bowl of cereal i'm ready to tell you about my adventures... but, that's not the case. I've been actually busy trying to keep a cool head on my shoulders as events are changing my life path for the remainder of the year. So, this week has been packing and moving week. I've checked out apts, i've searched for some jobs, but really, mostly it's been moving.

My own plans for the remainder of the year are going crazy and surprising. Just one more story in the adventures of being a fine artist. I've been hit bad in choosing this career path, but never this bad. (financially and professionally speaking, my emotions are steady enough and i have friends that are helping me out through this transition.)  I wondered if my life has been a series of bad decisions. Alas, it has not been, for when i get back to making art i get reminded of why i sacrificed so much to pursue this line of work. But man, it still hurts sometimes and i believe in a better present and in a better future.  But let me state that this is not a logical career path.

There comes a point in time when you realize fairy tales do not come true and get hit with a hard blow of reality.  Sometimes, it takes a couple times attacking different places.  I've considered myself a hard dedicated worker, with principles and morals and always thought i'd be successful.  I'll get there, just not yet. I'm taking the scenic route.


Meanwhile, here are some sketches from this week done with V. Zanganian.




Also, i got accepted to participate in 'The Man Show' taking place at Cope Studios.  Opening reception is Saturday November 8, 6-9pm, address; 926 Western Ave, Glendale, CA 91201.