Friday, July 19, 2013

this weeks frustrations

i had to work more this week (modeling) so i had a good deal less time to work on art.  Gotta play ketchup this weekend next week to meet this weeks goals.
 the bottom two are alla prima studies, i think 16"x12", the top is a quick fechin copy. 
 This is an example of bad composition turning into a bad painting due to sheer frustration.

 a 1hr 'en plein air' study.  I suck at these but i'm trying to work it out.  I love doing them, just gotta connect the dots.  A copy this week would do me good.
Some drawings i'm working out.  They are to be done by this weekend/next weekend in full pen and ink glory. (on another sheet of paper, but i work out all my decisions on crappy regular paper before the final drawing.  This is especially good since i can't erase pen and ink so i need to be confident in my decisions).